What to expect at your NHS dental check up
- Category: Active Smile NHS Dentistry
- Published: Sunday, 09 February 2014 16:17
- Written by Active Smile
- Hits: 6891
What to expect at your NHS dental check-up
Preventing dental problems from starting is the best way to maintain healthy teeth & gums
Regular dental check-ups are the best way to ensure that your teeth and mouth are in the best possible condition.
Preventive dentistry is the modern way of reducing the amount of dental treatment necessary to maintain a healthy mouth and so help avoid the traditional pattern of fillings and extractions.
Regular dental check-ups are important as it allows any problems to be detected and treated before they cause any permanent damage to your teeth and mouth. Leaving dental problems untreated could make them more difficult to treat in the future, so it is always best to deal with problems early, or, if possible, prevent them altogether.
At your NHS dental check-up your dentist will:
- Examine your teeth, gums and mouth.
- Ask about your general health and any problems you’ve had with your teeth, mouth or gums since your last visit.
- Ask about, and give you advice on, your diet, smoking and alcohol use, and teeth-cleaning habits.
- Discuss with you any required treatment and a date for your next visit.
For further information or to book a dental check-up call 01386 446 04001386 446 040